Search This Blog

Friday 27 February 2015

Making Sour Cream and Chive Dip

I love dips, but I am seldom satisfied by the quality of the dips available on the store shelves. That is why I have started experimenting with making my own dips. This one in particular is a firm favourite.

I start by harvesting some fresh chives from my herb garden. Store bought will do nicely as well. I pick a whole bushel and chop it very fine.


 I empty a whole tub of cultured cream/creme fraiche in a mixing bowl and add my chopped chives.


Now I add a whole tub of sour cream to the mix.



I mix it all together with a blender (or a whisk).


Next I add Lemon Salt to taste.


Lastly I add freshly ground black pepper corns before I mix everything one last time.


The mix is enough to fill two medium sized bowls. As a final touch, I add a fresh mint sprig from the garden, before setting it out.

On this particular occasion, I used the dip as an accompaniment to a salad platter I had made, but it goes equally well with chips or biscuits as well.

Visit A Pretty Talent to see what other clever ideas we have for you to try at home and remember:
Keep exploring your TALENT for making PRETTY things!

No comments:

Post a Comment