Search This Blog

Sunday 7 August 2016

Make A Pair of Earrings Using Glass Beads

Having made a bracelet in the previous blog, I decided that I simply had to make a pair of earrings to match it. The result of this decision is that I show you how to make some very simple, but cute earrings for yourself in today's blog.


I am still using the same collection of leftover glass beads that I used in the previous blog.


Each earring will also get one seed bead spacer.


I am going to use two hook earwires for the earrings.


I will also be using two eye pins.


I start by threading the beads onto the eye pin.


I then decide to add these two tiny rose pendants to the bottoms of the earrings.


I slip the loop into the wire and then use the round nose pliers to twist the wire back, securing the pendant in place and keeping the rest of the beads from slipping out.


I then use the round nose pliers to open the eye at the top of the pin slightly. I slip the earring hook wire into this opening, before closing it again with the same pliers.


One earring is finished and I now need to do a second.


None of my beads are exactly the same, but I search for beads that closely resemble the ones I used in the first earring and string the second earring in exactly the same way as the first.


You now have a pretty set of earrings to match the bracelet we made in the previous blog.


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy the books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
For more crafty ideas and great products, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making PRETTY things.
You can subscribe to this blog and receive regular updates by email by simply registering your email address at the top of the current blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment