Search This Blog

Sunday 23 October 2016

Alpaca Impressions in Acrylic & Pen

Visiting the gorgeous town of Hondeklip Bay in the Northern Cape a little while ago, I made some brand new friends who had a host of interesting animals sharing their house and yard with them. Among these were two very cute Alpacas. I took a couple of really cute snapshots of these two and decided to turn these photos into my own impressions of these sweet animals. I use acrylics and pens on small canvasses for today's blog.


Here is a photo of a sunset in picturesque Hondeklip Bay (Hondeklipbaai).


I start on two small canvasses measuring 4" x 4" (10 x 10 cm) each. The canvasses have already been primed to accept paint.


I paint the first canvas a warm purple using acrylic paint.


The other canvas is painted an intense pink.


I then use my set of artist's pens to draw the Alpacas on the canvasses.


This is one of the reference photos I worked from.


I stick to very loosely scribbled lines for the drawings as this supports the style of painting I intend to do.


I start by laying down the base colour of Buff Titanium.


I now add a light Green.


I then come in Phthalo Blue



Next I add a warm Orange.



Payne's Grey is used to add definition.



Phthalo Green is added to the background.


Prussian Blue is also added to the background.


Highlights are defined by returning to Buff Titanium.


Close-up view 1.


Close-up view 2.


The finished pair side by side.


These two paintings are available from Marietjie Uys at uys.marietjie@gmail.com. Price: R120. Alpaca Impressions are 10 x 10 cm each and are acrylic and pen on stretched canvas. Artist: Miekie.


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy the books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
For more crafty ideas and great products, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making PRETTY things.
You can subscribe to this blog and receive regular updates by email by simply registering your email address at the top of the current blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment