Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 July 2017

Brew Your Own Spiced Tea For Colds & Flu

I had been struggling with a tight chest and incessant coughing for going on two weeks when I finally couldn't take it any more. I lay in bed and wondered what more I could do to put an end to all of this when a recipe for spiced tea came to mind. I tried it and immediately felt relief. I am not claiming that it has healing properties, merely that it should bring you relief. I share this recipe with you in today's blog. Bonus is that it is actually delicious and now my guests ask for it simply for its taste value when they come to visit.


You will need a sachet of Rooibos tea.


Brew the tea in some freshly boiled water.


Remove the teabag and add roughly 1-2 ml ground cloves.


Add 2-3 ml ground cinnamon.


Add 3-4 ml ground ginger. I love the taste of the ginger and that is why I add a little more of this.


Add a healthy squirt of honey. I would estimate roughly a tablespoonful (12,5 ml).


Add a squirt of lemon juice (also roughly 12,5 ml), or use freshly squeezed lemon juice.


It might be a tad sour. Sweeten with more honey, or even sugar to taste.


Enjoy as hot as possible. Keep a teaspoon handy and keep stirring as the spices will sink to the bottom of the mug. You actually want to get the spices into your body, so you will need to give the cup a good stir, every few sips.


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment