Search This Blog

Sunday 9 July 2017

Cardmaking: And Then There Were Three Part 2

In the previous blog I showed you how to give a design character a distinctive personality by being careful in your selection of colours. In today's blog, we use that same design and turn it into a card to welcome a firstborn into the family. The design is taken from my book Designs By Miekie 1.


As the gender of the baby is not yet known, I use a neutral yellow cardstock to make the card. The cardstock measures 6" x 12".


I fold the cardstock in half to form a card.


I find this bright yellow paper in my stash. Its brilliant yellow and blue flowers make it the perfect backdrop for my coloured picture. The paper measures 15 cm x 11 cm. It has a glossy finish.


All of the paper bits are fixed to each other with double-sided tape.


I decide that I would like the card to flip open to the top, rather than the side, and mount the picture in this fashion.


My card is starting to take shape, but it needs more embellishments to bring the message home.


I have a couple of word stickers left on an used sheet. These will work beautifully with my card.


I select the stickers I like and put them in place on the card.


A couple more embellishments are added with Tombow glue.


The message inside my card will make mention of two turning into three to complete the idea I created with this card.


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment