Search This Blog

Friday 7 July 2017

Cardmaking: Colour My Love Part 2

In the previous blog I showed you how to colour a cute love-themed design. In today's blog, we use that same picture and turn it into a card to surprise our sweethearts with. Quick, easy and loads of fun. We can never tell our loved ones too often how much they mean to us. The design used for this blog is taken from my book Designs By Miekie 1.


I use a piece of cardstock measuring 6" x 12" for the card itself.


It is folded in half to form a card measuring 6" x 6".


I find a sheet of red paper with a gloss finish in bright red. I will use this to mount the coloured-in design onto. This paper measures 15 cm x 11 cm.


I use double-sided tape to secure the different paper elements to each other.


I wish the end result to appear less formal and as a result I place the design on the backing paper slightly diagonally.


The backing paper is then secured to the card, leaving enough space to add fun elements.


I find a sticker sheet with glitzy writing in the right colour palette. I will use some of these stickers on my card.


I finally settle on two versions of the word love and stick these onto the card.


I find three foam rubber hearts and some rhinestones to add a bit of flair and to carry the theme through. These are secured to the card with Tombow glue.


Add a personal message to the inside of the card, and be prepared to sweep your loved one off his (or her) feet.


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment