Search This Blog

Monday 17 July 2017

Cardmaking: Paper Piecing Your Designs Part 2

In the previous blog I showed you how use an ordinary design and transform it into a paper piecing design. In today's blog, we turn the lovely butterfly we have pieced together into a pretty card to awe a special recipient with. The design was taken from my book Designs By Miekie 1.


I use a bright yellow sheet of cardboard in A3 size for my card.


When I fold the card over, I make sure to fold the top half 1 cm short of the bottom.


The card will open to the top.


I rummage through my sticker stash and find this border sticker with tulips against a wooden fence in there. This will work beautifully with my card. If you can't find something similar, you may opt to use a length of ribbon instead.


The border sticker is placed right on the edge of the inside of the card.


This is what it looks like when the card is closed.


I glue the body of the butterfly with Tombow glue.


The body is then stuck down on the card. The top wings each get a strip of 3D double-sided tape to lift it off the page.


The bottom wings each get two layers of 3D double-sided tape, stuck onto each other to lift it slightly higher than the top wings.


I draw the antennae by hand using a black Sharpie marker.


It is time to start adding embellishments to turn the ordinary into something spectacular.


I add glue dots to the antennae.


Flower rhinestones finish the antennae.


More glue dots on the wings.


Tiny rhinestones pretty up the wings of the butterfly. I also added a button to form the head of the butterfly.


Paper machè flowers are added to the page to create a garden setting.


When you are done, you have a pretty butterfly card to awe someone special with.


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment