Search This Blog

Sunday 13 August 2017

Sewing Shower Curtains

When you have an elegant cottage to rent, you certainly do not wish to hang shower curtains with crazy designs in the bathrooms. When my friend could not find any shower curtains to hang in the newly refurbished cottage she intended to rent out to tourists, she asked me if I would mind making her two stark white shower curtains. I agreed that this would be best and we set out to buy the fabric. It may not be the prettiest curtains I had ever sewn, but it certainly fitted the cottage much better than the colourful alternatives. In today's blog I show you how to sew shower curtains.


Lynette bought the fabric for the shower curtains. I has a plastic finish on one side, while the reverse side has a softer fabric feel.


I took the proper measurements, allowed for the rail, hem and seam allowances and determined the sizes that needed to be cut.


I started with a rolled hem to finish both side seams.


This was sewn under the machine.


I then made a small rolled hem for the top seam of the curtain.


I then measured a wide enough space for the rail to fit in, plus some extra space to make it easy to pull the curtain aside.


I sewed the tube at the top of the curtain that the rail would fit through.


I then measured the drop of the curtain and pinned the hem accordingly. The hem also received a rolled edge.


The hem was put in and then the curtain was ready to be hung.


I don't know that there is any picture you can take of a white shower curtain that will make it look pretty, but I can't leave you without showing it in its proper setting either, so here goes!


Fisherman's Cottage is a charming cottage with a lovely view on the bay in Hondeklipbaai. If you ever find your way over there and are looking for a place to stay, you should consider Fisherman's Cottage as an option. For bookings, give Rina a call at 072 493 0757.


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment