Search This Blog

Saturday 21 April 2018

School Holiday Project - Cardmaking: Froggie Love

Today's card is a bit of fun for someone special. This can be used as a Valentine's card, or simply as a birthday card. Whoever you give it to, it is sure to illicit a smile from the recipient. I chose to show step by step how to draw this simple figure, as I think this would also be a very fun card to do with the little ones. This card was inspired by a photo I discovered on Pinterest.


I start by folding an A4 cardboard in half to form a card.


I then cut a sheet of watercolour paper to fit on top of the card.


I wet my watercolour pans by dripping water on them. These pans become very difficult to work with when they dry out too much. For this reason I wet all of the colours and not only the ones I will be using for this project.


I was my background in graded blue and wait for it to dry.


The top of the frog's mouth reminds me of Napoleon's hat.


The bottom of his mouth is a semicircle.


I add the eyes and draw the pupils at the same time.


I then draw a massive heart.


I draw four fingers holding the heart on both sides.


I then paint the heart bright red.


I paint the frog a luminous green.


The pupils are painted black, but I leave a white dot in each to create the illusion of wetness in the eyes, which makes them seem alive.


The next step is optional, but I opted to outline the drawing in black ink.


I added the wording as it was in the original picture on Pinterest, as this appealed to me.


I then apply double-sided tape to the back of the painting with which to attach it to the card.


Now we just need to add a couple of fun elements.


A bit of bling tape adds sparkle to the card.


Two wooden red hearts reinforces the message of love.


The finished card.


Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment